Thursday, September 4, 2008

Randy not so Dandy

Man, let me just start out by saying that this cat is going DOWN and going down fast, may even be the first one voted out of the Western Africa Eden of Gabon.

Seriously, I would want him offa my island soon as he set foot on it.

Meet Randy (nutso) Bailey, aka Ruthless Randy, aka Psycho Could Be Brett Favre's Daddy No Upper Lip WackJob Bailey (his friends in high school called him this):

You have to admit, he does have that "step on your neck to walk around you" kind of look in his eye. His CBS bio reads:

"Randy Bailey wants to be personally responsible for crushing the hopes and dreams of all other contestants with delusions of winning SURVIVOR. He considers himself a ruthless bully who enjoys picking on those that were not blessed with his strength or intellect."
---from CBS

Apparently he fashions himself not only physically superior to the other Castaways who are mostly in their 20's and 30's, but also kind of a sweet talker Betty Crocker. In his own words:

''I'll step on toes if I have to. These people were not friends of mine last week and time will tell if they'll be friends of mine two months from now. But a million dollars is more important than their friendship. Except maybe with that one blonde with the big t---. That might be worth a few hundred grand.''
---from Survivor Sucks

Sure, Randy, sure. Go for it. Anyone think he meant "big toes?" Me neither. I'm sure he's going to win a lot of friends and allies on the show with that neighborly attitude. The worst part is he's giving all the Randys of the world a bad name. I always thought it was kind of a cool name because the only real person I'd ever met named Randy was this really (double up really, REALLY) friendly gal down the hall from my friend Chris in the dorms at UC Davis. Every time I would visit him she was giving massages to everyone on the hall. Such a friendly gal, that Randy.

But this Randy is just trying too hard to be the bad ass, too much talk, not enough slick. Everyone knows Survivor is about being the slickest possible, nobody sees it coming, good at this, good at that, but not TOO good at any of this or that so as to be a target, kind of strategist. Randy is going into it with a chip on his shoulder and a target on his back.

I'm putting him in my Elimination Pit week one.



No comments: